Ways of Wellness - Your online support for all things health and wellness!

Welcome to the Ways of Wellness blog! My name is Jon Steuart and I am a physical fitness and nutrition enthusiast. While all of the contents/opinions herein are based on my personal experiences and research over many years, and not any formal education, I am absolutely confident that there will be something for everybody who is interested in improving their physical and mental well-being. Please feel free to leave your comments and questions.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Motivational Quotes - Health and Wellness: 04/05/11

"Slow and steady wins the race."

I find this quote to be extremely applicable when referencing the approach that one should take when trying to lose weight, build muscle mass, or both. LOSE WEIGHT NOW! GROW MUSCLES FAST! Sound familiar? We have all grown so accustomed to getting what we want and need, when we want and need it, that the creators of the multitude of nutritional supplements, training programs and diets out there are making a killing off of our impatience and off of the promises of "fast", "quick" and "immediate" resuls. Sorry folks, this is just one of those things that IS going to take some time , that IS going to take consistent effort and WILL be all the more fulfilling and long-lasting as a result.

*I want to note that there are some supplements, training programs and diets that I do find to be extremely effective and beneficial (and even some that I would suggest to many). However, I am a firm believer that sound nutrition and an appropriately planned and executed exercise regimen are the two most important pieces to this puzzle and should, therefore, be addressed first.

0 comments:

Post a Comment